integrative pediatric care
Integrative medical care means that we consider the full range of physical, emotional, mental, social, spiritual and environmental influences that affect a child's health. We create a customized treatment plan for your child utilizing an array of scientific and alternative disciplines.
In order to help your family transition to your new addition, we provide newborn house calls that allow unhurried time to:
- Complete a thorough medical history and exam
- Lactation support for families choosing to breastfeeding
- Begin the education process that is at the heart of our integrative medicine approach
- Answer ALL of your questions
Outside of the newborn period, we make house calls for after-hours non-emergent issues that require prompt face-to-face attention.
We practice whole kid care for children ages 0-22 that includes wellness visits according to the AAP schedule. Routine wellness exams allow us to monitor your child’s growth and development and cultivate a partnership designed to optimize your child’s health within an integrative framework. We take the time to answer any and all questions that you have regarding your child’s well being so that your child grows up healthy and happy.
Well child visits involve:
- A thorough history and physical examination
- Updates to the family dynamic or social history
- Basic developmental screenings
- Routine or customized immunizations
- Nutrition counseling
- One-on-one discussions about sleep, feeding, emotional intelligence, behavioral issues, limit-setting, constipation, eczema and other parental concerns.
Our practice accommodates same day appointments for urgent and sick visits. Additionally, we offer evening and weekend hours when available.
When your child is sick we know it is a stressful experience. Adding the time and inconvenience of making a trip to the pharmacy can be exhausting. Therefore, we dispense the most common medications used in pediatrics directly to you.